Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend in NYC

So as the title of this post suggests, I spent Memorial Day weekend up in New York on a mission. Two missions, actually, though one of them was Andrew's, not mine. We went up on Friday so he could check out an apartment he's interested in for when he moves up there later this year. Then we met up with Laura, who I hadn't seen since...I guess February for Adam and Corky's birthday thing in Hoboken, for happy hour. I wanted to go up to say good bye to her (sniff), and Andrew needed to go for the apartment thing, so our forces combined with the end result being a really great weekend. Ok, it was mostly the forces of the firm he's going to be working for, but still. Saturday we went out to Long Island for some grilling at Laura's place, and Kaitlin (henceforth refered to in this blog as "Shirt") and Jim came for one last good bye. The whole afternoon was so relaxed, it could have been any afternoon barbequeing on the roof of Pennbrook or something back at school. Eventually we had to say good bye though, and needless to say I was a little down about it. I'm gonna miss both of them like crazy!

Andrew and I spent the rest of the weekend just kind of exploring the city. I had never really done the whole New York thing (despite passing through on numerous occassions...and drinking copious amounts of wine there...and facilitating photo shoots with bongo-playing homeless men...and...ok I'll stop there), so Andrew got to show me around. I'm so jealous he's moving there! He says he's jealous I'm going to Africa, but I think he's just saying that to make me feel better. :)

On the subject of Peace Corps, I just had my flight to Atlanta booked. This whole moving to Africa thing is starting to feel very real. Tomorrow is my last day of work, and I can't say I'm disappointed about that, but it just means that my departure is swiftly approaching. Eek!

No comments: