Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Last Day at Home!

Today I leave for staging! It's been a busy week or so, and I still had a million little things to make sure I took care of today, but I made it. Phew. I feel slightly unprepared (though I'm pretty sure I would feel unprepared no matter what), nervous, excited, a little sad/sentimental, and probably a few other emotions that are getting lost in the jumble of things.

I know I haven't had the chance to get in touch with everyone I would have liked to. And chances are, in my eagerness to make sure I saw everyone before I left, I saw you such a long time ago that it barely even seemed like a good-bye. I'll have my cell phone with me for the next few days (I'll be in Atlanta, Georgia for staging until Friday) so I'm going to be making some last minute calls in whatever free time I have. Procrastinate much?

Peace Corps will be sending an email to my mom when I get in, and I've asked her to get in touch with Andrew, who has generously offered to post here and let everyone know that I made it. So check back sometime over the weekend.

I know I've said it more than a few times, but I will miss everyone! Your phone calls and emails and best wishes, etc. have been a source of courage and comfort, so thanks! I wouldn't be able to do this without knowing you all are behind me. Love you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck...

Sam

Anonymous said...

Have a wonder experience.
Love you Elise.
Mom